- Cookware & More Blog
- Recipe Time: White Chocolate and Peppermint Brownies
Need help deciding on the perfect piece of cookware or cutlery for your needs? Call us!
We have trained specialists to help!
Mon-Fri 9:30-5:30 EST
Sat 9:30 - 4:00
Recipe Time: White Chocolate and Peppermint Brownies
Posted on 23rd Dec 2016
As the holiday season approaches and the cool weather arrives each winter, I love to sit down and drink some hot chocolate with peppermint. As I was searching for a fun dessert idea for my family's Christmas party, I came across a recipe for White Chocolate and Peppermint Brownies in the America's Test Kitchen magazine and I thought that would be perfect!
Now, these brownies are surely perfect the way they are, but of course I had to change a couple of things based on my tastes and ease of recipe. Here is the final recipe:
Peppermint White Chocolate Brownies
- 1 box (about 20oz) Fudge Brownie mix
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- Garnish, crushed candy canes
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Grease your baking dish. While I used my square glass dish, this Nordic Ware Brownie Bites Pan would be perfect for this recipe. Set aside
- In a medium Mixing Bowl, combine the butter and unsweetened chocolate. Mix well.
- Add the contents of the brownie mix, oil, water, eggs, vanilla extract, and peppermint extract. Mix just until combined. Add to prepared baking dish.
- Bake according to the time on the brownie mix box, or just until set. Rotate the pan about halfway through baking for more even cooking. Don't over bake as you want them fudgy.
- Remove from oven and transfer to a Wire Rack.
- Sprinkle the white chocolate chips evenly over the brownies. Let the chocolate chips soften (but not melt) and spread into an even layer using a spatula. Sprinkle with the crushed candy canes. Let cool for 2 hours.
- Cut and serve.