- Cookware & More Blog
Need help deciding on the perfect piece of cookware or cutlery for your needs? Call us!
We have trained specialists to help!
Mon-Fri 9:30-5:30 EST
Sat 9:30 - 4:00
Cookware & More Blog
Posted by Kristin :) on 29th Jun 2019
**For full disclosure, much of this blog entry is directly from Swiss Diamond's comprehensive website. I am just compiling the information in one easy-to-read spot to allow you to learn more about Swiss Diamond Cookware without visiting other webpages; I linked the information that I used if you would like to go directly to the source**
What Makes Swiss Diamond Special?
" Swiss Diamond® cookware features a patented nonstick cooking surface reinforced with real diamond crystals. This unique coating makes for effortless food preparation and clean-up. If treated properly, the surface is extremely long-lasting - it will not peel, crack or blister. Plus, our products are completely free of potentially-harmful PFOA chemicals (certified by the Danish Testing Institute), providing additional ease of mind to your family.
The cookware's pressure-cast aluminum construction provides for uniform heat distribution with no hot spots or warping - even if the pan is placed under cold running water right off the stove. Each piece has a perfectly flat base for use on any ceramic, gas or electric cooktop (induction series also available.) The ergonomically-designed handles are well balanced and temperature safe up to 500°F (260°C), allowing you to finish cooking in the oven.
Swiss Diamond® products are also ecologically sustainable. In addition to having an extremely long lifetime expectancy - which greatly reduces landfill waste around the world - they are manufactured in part using hydropower from the Swiss Alps; plus, their aluminum bodies are recyclable!"
Here is a video showing how Swiss Diamond Cookware is made:
"When properly maintained and cleaned, your Swiss Diamond cookware will provide a lifetime of unsurpassed nonstick performance and easy clean convenience.
- Use low to medium heat: High heat is never required because of the high thermal conductivity of SWISS DIAMOND cookware. Start with medium heat and adjust accordingly. Always place your pan on the center of the heating surface. Caution: Overheating can damage the cooking surface.
- Preheating: When recipes recommend pre-heating, place the pan on medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes before adding food. To test if the pan is hot enough, sprinkle a few drops of water on the surface. If the water sizzles or beads, the pan is ready. If the water evaporates instantly, turn the heat down and test again in 3 minutes. There is no need to pre-heat an empty pan longer than 5 minutes.
- Cooking with oil: Designed for healthy cooking, Swiss Diamond allows cooking with little or no oil. If you choose to use oil, always use it at the proper heat setting. Learn more about choosing a cooking oil. Caution: Never use nonstick sprays.
- Proper Utensils: Silicone and wooden tools are recommended – metal utensils may be used with care. Any tool with a sharp point or edge should not be used. Do not chop or cut food in the pan. If using an immersion blender or electric beater, take care not to touch the sides or bottom of the pan.
- Oven Use: Swiss Diamond cookware is oven safe up to 500°F (260°C). The handles will get hot under these conditions – always use pot holders when removing pans from the oven.
- Cleaning: Before using for the first time and after each use, wash cookware thoroughly with hot soapy water. Do not use abrasive detergents, oven cleaners or scouring pads, which may affect the quality of the non-stick surface. Although your cookware may be cleaned in the dishwasher, we recommend washing by hand.
- To maintain cooking efficiency, it is important that your cookware be thoroughly cleaned after each use. When any cookware is not cleaned properly, thin layers of food particles remain on the surface and may become carbonized when reheated. Carbonized layers will cause food to stick.
- Using caustic soaps (especially high-powered dishwasher soaps) can dry out or bleach the nonstick coating. If the pan has been bleached repeatedly, the nonstick properties may be permanently lost. Using caustic or abrasive cleaners voids the manufacturer’s warranty.
- Storing: If the pans are nested one on top of the other, we recommend placing a paper towel between each pan to prevent scratches. If need be, the handles may be tightened with a #2 Phillips head screwdriver.
The most common problems that are reported with any nonstick cookware are caused by using the pans with metal utensils, using the pans over too high heat, and not cleaning the pans properly. By following these guidelines, you can extend the life of your nonstick cookware for many years!
What is Swiss Diamond's Warranty?
"The Swiss Diamond Limited Lifetime Warranty guarantees to the original purchaser of the cookware that it is free of manufacturing defects. These defects may become apparent at any time during the the lifetime of the product; however, the defect must have been caused during the manufacturing process. Here at Swiss Diamond, we take manufacturing defects very seriously, and will happily replace your pan at any time if a defect becomes apparent. Simply contact us to start your warranty review process. The warranty expressly does not cover normal wear and tear, use, or misuse. If your pan is starting to show a black carbon build-up that does not come off with normal washing, or has begun to lose its nonstick release properties, please follow these instructions for restoring a non stick pan.Check out our Swiss Diamond products here!
Swiss Diamond is made with a coating reinforced with real diamonds to create a long-lasting, naturally nonstick surface with superior heat conduction. These pans have a thick, perfectly flat base for stability and even heating with no hot spots as well as a cast aluminum body that will never warp. They are eco-friendly: [...]
**For full disclosure, much of this blog entry is directly from Swiss Diamond's comprehensive website. I am just compiling the information in one easy-to-read spot to allow you to learn more about Swiss Diamond Cookware without visiting other webpages; I linked the information that I used if you would like to go directly to [...]